Friday, September 9, 2011

Ella and the Seven Dresses

Okay, by now I am fully aware of Ella's love of dresses.  She loves to wear her cool J Crew frocks (and change them often) and she is pretty excited when she can convince people around her to wear a nice dress too :)  We recently had a conversation about her aspirations of becoming a fashion designer one day.  She plans to design a dress for Grandma because Grandma doesn't like to wear dresses but Ella is sure that she will wear one when Ella gets married one day.  That being said, imagine my delight when I unearthed this book which is all about dresses from my library the other day.  Ella's reaction?  Read it again!!!!  And so, after we read it a few times, I broke out the scrapbook supplies and a template of a paper doll body and we got to work designing seven dresses for Ella's own paper doll.  The only problem I can see with this project is that glue takes such a long time to dry!





1 comment:

  1. Project Runway here she comes! Ella, you are obsessed with fashion. I love it! You are so creative. Yes, I think you will design the PERFECT dress for Grandma. You are going to do a lot of designing. You need to also make dresses for Mommy, Ms. Kathy, Leslie, Aunt Chelle, Ali, & Aunt Kim. Wow! No pressure :) I love that you are already making plans to go on vacation with Ms. Kathy when you are an adult. You are definitely a planner :)

    ReplyDelete